With my birthday exactly a month away…
For as long as I can remember I’ve been the girl that every hair stylist, mom and friend will comment- you have so much hair! Yes, yes I do. Its naturally curly and terribly thick and in 8th grade I started straightening it…and its been a relief ever since. Since my first in my bag post was a hit- I thought I would share what goes into my hair prep!
1) Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave in treatment, Straightening Gloss and Air Control Hair Spray- I dont know what I would do without them…except have dried out wild hair. I’ve alternated some of the products with others to save money- but they are worth the chunk of change in my eyes. My first year of college in Boston I found the most incredible salon- Pyara. I found a great stylist and little did I know the obsession I would have with Aveda products and salons. The products are pricey but they do last, smell incredible, and truly are the only thing I’ve found so far to rule my locks.
2) As I mentioned before- my hair is thick and curly and therefore I like to have to deal with it as little as possible- enter Tresemme Dry Shampoo. I bought a sample size a few months ago thinking it was going to be a miracle spray- it wasn’t. I was disappointed until I gave it another try and perhaps I shook the bottle more…whatever it may be, I think it works great now. It can definitely get you through the ” I should have washed my hair last night, and I’m running late to work” mornings.
3) Chi Flat Iron- nothing else compares. This one is light weight and much cheaper than other Chi products. I’ve had mine over a year and its still going strong. I much prefer this to the other brands I’ve had that are cheaper.
4) When did these elastics come on the scene? I think they are fabulous, my hair is loving not being tangled and I somehow feel more trendy and “in the know” because people ask me all the time, “what is that?” and I get to tell them “oh, this? my hair elastic?” I probably seem like a snob, and I’m sorry- but they are awesome, and you shouldn’t judge them until you use them!
5) This is a superb hair dryer. I’m sure there are better with sending out super ions to your hair and such. But lets be real. You want your hair dryer to dry your hair, with minimal fire and brimstone hitting the cuticle. In my book, if your hair doesn’t catch fire and it blows more than a light fan- its a fine dryer. I travel quite a bit for work and this is THE best thing because the cord retracts. That in my book, is how to define a great hair dryer!
I’ve been spending years perfecting my make-up bag. One of my favorite features of any magazine is the “whats in her bag” where celebrities share what is in their bag or make-up bag. Isn’t it fun to see what they find to be the best products?
In my hunt to find my perfect make-up bag, I valued that the products would work well with my skintone (obviously) but that I would also be able to afford them! Here are a few of my favorite and affordable finds!
1) I researched BB creams for about a month, reading several articles and other blogs to see what was best. I settled for one more in my price range than the other ones I had read about being “better” options. I’m really happy with it- with roscea I think it does a good job of hiding my natural redness.
2) Hands down my favorite foundation. Lightweight with good coverage and a perfect match to my fair skin.
3) Another recent find- the colors work well with my hazel eyes, with little wear throughout the day.
4) I actually use the black bottle of this with latex- who knew they could put latex in mascara….its awesome and makes you look like you have beautiful falsies on!
5) Burts- for the days I don’t whip out the red lipstick. Enough said.
6) This eyeliner is amazing. It goes on so smooth and evenly!
7) Perfect for a date night- it makes your cheek bones look like they’ve been kissed by summer.
8) This is the most affordable thing I have found for everyday. This bronzer is great- and at $3, it CANNOT be beat.
9) And of course to finish it all off- a dusting of this will make you look photo ready all day!
As long as I can remember I have loved nail polish. I think its the best way to boost a mood and a pop of color. I’ve tried every brand and had favorites over the years, but I can truly say that Essie is my favorite line. I think they have the longest staying power, shine and the color never looks too matte- it always has shine and lasts without staining or draining your nails.
I do like the shine of shalac- but I just can’t commit to a color for two or three weeks- no thank you! I’d rather dabble in several colors. Essies Super Duper Top Coat gets the same non-chip and shine- without the several week commitment, you can buy it here.
These are a few of my current faves!
2) Bahama Mama
3) A List