Anyone else a donut fan? I love making baked donuts because they are so easy and such a fun treat. Nothing beats a true Krispy Kreme donut…but these are pretty darn good for homemade.
These are cake donuts and I find refrigerating is not the best way to store them. Instead keep in a sealed container like a cake plate to keep them fresh and soft. The first glaze really keeps them moist but if you reheat them for a few seconds they are a-mazing.
Chocolate Double-Glazed Baked Donuts
Makes twelve donuts
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Lemon juice or White Vinegar
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1.5 cups Ghirardelli melting wafers
- Add lemon juice to milk (this is a substitute for buttermilk).
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray Donut pan with non-stick spray
- Combine dry donut ingredients in large bowl.
- Add milk, eggs and butter.
- Stir just until well mixed.
- Fill each ring of the donut pan about 2/3 but make sure it doesn’t top center hole. (The dough is thick so I often use a spoon to make it easier
- Bake about 8 minutes, until fully baked. They should round up a bit
- Let cool then remove from pan and set on cooling rack.
- In a small bowl just big enough to dip donuts, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth
- Dip top of donut in glaze.
- Return to cooling rack. (You may want to use a paper towel or wax paper under the rack to pick up any drops)
- Wait a few minutes for the glaze to set.
- Follow directions on the bag of Melting Wafers
- Dip top of donut in chocolate glaze– let cool, and enjoy!
I’ve featured these before but these pictures are a lot better 🙂
See the original post here.