It doesn’t serve the prettiest (when does lasagna ever stay in place), but it is insanely good for such a simple and filling meal.
We enjoyed ours on the sun porch! Ready to make your own? Recipe below!
Olive oil for pan
Ground beef – 2lb
One green bell pepper
One yellow onion
Two large can tomatoes and one small can – any variety of whole/pieces/diced (whole or crushed will add more texture)
Block of Colby jack
Package of ravioli’s
salt, pepper and garlic salt
1) In a large skillet brown the meat with salt, pepper and a little garlic salt
2) In a large pot, pour in a little olive oil and garlic (as much as you want for taste preference)
3) Pour in chopped veggies, cook until onions are translucent and add in tomatoes and let cook over medium-high, turn down to let simmer break up any whole tomatoes
4) Grate block of Colby jack
5) Pour meat into tomato mixture and let simmer for 30 minutes on medium high.
6) The layers go : sauce / ricotta / shredded cheese (we used colby jack) / ravioli / repeat!
7) Once you have several layers cook in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.