We’ve all heard the mass chaos surrounding #LillyforTarget and while obviously somethings could have been smoother (including more than just two size runs of clothes), there are a bunch of ways to succeed at these Target collabs.
1) Do you homework. The Lilly lookbook was posted online with prices to not only see what appealed to you but also you could build your budget really easily. This is so helpful when you in the store, you just scan for what you know you already want.
2) Plan ahead. We stopped in Target the night before. I spoke to Target employees on the phone and in-store to see if they knew anything that could be helpful in the weeks before the launch. These are super popular collaborations so theres 453534 other people online talking about them, you just need to find out where they are.
3) Bring friends. You will be trampled if you don’t have friends to keep you on track. Both mentally and physically, you are only one person!
4) Use social media. We found early mobile-only links online as pieces were going up one at a time. You weren’t able to search for them online but you were able to click the link and order. It was amazing that people found and shared these and you can believe its literally the only way I was able to get my coveted pineapple sandals and romper!
5) If you’re serious about it, get there early. We got there a little bit after 6:30a and we were 5th in line. People in the store were mad when we got clothes and they didn’t…but they showed up THIRTY MINUTES before the store opened, so I don’t feel bad for you when we slept about 2.5 hours the night before. We did however, listen to the themesong of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt to get pumped up before the doors opened!
And most of all, remember that these are just items. It’s just for FUN!
If you get there and the racks look like this…
It’s not the end of the world! Or, if you get to the checkout with all these items…
don’t ask people for some of their things! People were swarming us to get the items we had and that’s not right. None of us are homeless but this is America and if you wake up early and are fast sprinters on the back aisle of Target you can buy whatever you want. We had several people trying to make us feel guilty!
I’m super thankful that our weeks of strategy paid off in a big way and I hope that others were able to get what they wanted! And remember don’t buy from the greedy ebayers!